Choosing the right stone for your kitchen and bathroom in London is a big deal! If you’re building, restoring or renovating your kitchen worktops or bathroom vanities, granite and marble in London and through all UK are likely options you are considering. The choice can be difficult to deal with in prospect, but the good news is both types of stones boast their own qualities, and each is absolutely stunning.
- A natural stone with a speckled appearance, available in a range of colours and dynamic variations in colour and pattern
- More cost effective
- Lower-budget options
- Less maintenance
- Stronger and harder than marble
- Less prone to scratches, stains, acid and heat
- Available in a range of finishes
- A natural stone with an unique aesthetic, typically light creamy coloured with dark veins throughout.
- Luminous and luxurious look
- More expensive
- More maintenance
- More prone to scratches, stains, acid and heat.
- Softer than granite and more absorbent
- Sensitive to acidic foods such as vinegar, lemon, tomatoes, wine, some cleaners, mildew removers and other materials commonly found in the kitchen or bathroom.
- Finished is dulled easier
- Limited colour availability
Countertop finish options include:
- Polished: The most common finish; it’s mirror-like, stands up well to stains and is the least porous
- Honed: A matte finish that is typically not recommended, as it can stain and scratch more easily.
Here at Palazzo Stone, the leading granite and marble fabricator in London, we recommend granite for any utilization in the kitchen area. This is because most spills occur in these areas, especially with acidic products. Marble is an excellent and beautiful choice for those who don’t mind a little extra care and maintenance! Marble can be a superb stone to use in home areas than are used less, such as the bathroom or utility room. Often the chemicals we use in these areas are less harsh than those in the kitchen. So why to choose us?
A rock-solid reputation
With over 20 years in the industry and many 1000’s of successful projects, we are proud to have developed a rock solid reputation as one of UK leading fabricators of stone products and surfaces.
Together, our dedicated team share immense pride and passion for our work from the grandest design to the smallest detail. Whatsmore, we’re proud to work alongside some of the best architects, designers, high-end builders, and kitchen showrooms in London.
If you have any inquiries about granite or marble, feel free to get in touch.